- Development and implementation of Divisional Strategic Plan
- Provide leadership to a large portfolio in the Planning Division.
- Liaison with College Principals, Deans, Directors of Faculties, Schools, Institutes and Unit heads for University Academic Calendar reviews.
- Prepare and co-ordinate Graduation Ceremony activities.
- Co-ordinate the activities for Participation/compete at the Nairobi International Trade Fair (ASK-Show).
Other members of staff in-position and their responsibilities:
Senior Assistant Registrar:
- To manage and co-ordinate activities involved in the establishment and maintenance of registers for all records and documents in the Division.
- Review records to ensure completeness, accuracy and adherence to university standards.
- To provide secretariat services to the Graduation and Show Committees.
- To oversee and co-ordinate the sending of notices for meetings, preparation of agenda, taking minutes and distribution thereof.
- To assist the Planning Registrar with editorial work of publications produced in Planning Division among other duties.
- To process and ensure data for input in the publications originating from the Division are implemented.
- To supervise and guide the support staff in the front office.
- To provide high level secretarial services for the Division.
- To remind Deans/Directors and Unit Heads to submit the Academic Calendar material before a given deadline.
- Participate efficiently and effectively in the co-ordination of activities that enhance university branding like Trade Fairs and Graduation Ceremonies.
- To accurately compile statistical data on students
- Organize and keep up-to-date file records in Planning Division for ease of reference.
- Collect and prepare material for inclusion in International Association of Universities and World of Learning Publications.
- Maintain an up-to-date office inventories.
- Set up labeled office files and keep various reports received easily identifiable for reference.
- Typeset University of Nairobi Academic Calendar and Almanac with 99% error free.
- Annual Report
- Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
- To participate efficiently and effectively in the co-ordination of activities that enhances university branding like Trade Fairs and Graduation Ceremonies.
- To play a key role in choosing appropriate fonts and designs for all publications that the Division publishes i.e. e-cards, invitation cards.
- Provide secretarial services such as typing and retrieving official letters, attend to telephone calls and sending official e-mails.
- Typeset International Publications such as Association of Commonwealth Universities Yearbook and dispatch the material electronically to the Secretariat in London.
- Open the office very early for cleaning purposes.
- Delivering mail/documents to and from various offices.
- Tidying up the office to supplement work done by outsourced cleaners.
- Deliver circulars from Planning Division to designated areas.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as demanded by the Division.